Alcoa Inc (AA): Today's Featured Metals & Mining Winner
Alcoa (AA) pushed the Metals & Mining industry higher today making it today's featured metals & mining winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Alcoa rose $0.11 (1.4%) to $7.92 on average volume. Throughout the day, 21,833,533 shares of Alcoa exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 18,094,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $7.80-$7.94 after having opened the day at $7.88 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $7.81. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that increased today were: Crosshair Energy (CXZ), up 44.8%, Kimber Resources (KBX), up 26.3%, Atlatsa Resources (ATL), up 8.3% and Turquoise Hill Resources (TRQ), up 7.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Alcoa Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV