Baxter International (BAX) pushed the Health Care sector higher today making it today's featured health care winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Baxter International rose $1.19 (1.7%) to $71.07 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2,603,055 shares of Baxter International exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,477,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $70.27-$71.24 after having opened the day at $70.29 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $69.88. Other companies within the Health Care sector that increased today were: Biostar Pharmaceuticals (BSPM), up 20.1%, Alcobra (ADHD), up 15.5%, Epizyme (EPZM), up 14.3% and Inovio Pharmaceuticals (INO), up 11.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Baxter International Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about BAX
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV