Altria Group (MO) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Altria Group rose $0.55 (1.6%) to $36.04 on light volume. Throughout the day, 5,696,372 shares of Altria Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 9,537,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $35.65-$36.17 after having opened the day at $35.75 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $35.49. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: Global-Tech Advanced Innovations (GAI), up 12.0%, China Automotive Systems (CAAS), up 7.9%, China Shengda Packaging Group (CPGI), up 7.4% and Summer Infant (SUMR), up 6.2%.
- You can view the full Altria Group Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about MO
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV