RESTON, Va. and LIBERTYVILLE, Ill., July 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- NII Holdings, Inc. [NASDAQ: NIHD], a provider of differentiated mobile communication services under the Nextel brand in Latin America, and Motorola Mobility, today announced the launch of PRIP ™ , an advanced Push-to-Talk (PTT) service, in the United States.
PRIP is now available for download from Google Play, providing users in the U.S. with instant PTT connections to NII's 11 million subscribers in Mexico, Brazil and across Latin America as well as other PRIP users in the U.S. Compatible with more than 95 percent of Android smartphones on the market, PRIP offers fast and immediate connections allowing users to communicate from anywhere in the world with a wireless or Wi-Fi connection."After the successful launch of PRIP in Mexico in April, we are pleased to roll out this service to users in the U.S.," said Greg Santoro, executive vice president, chief strategy and marketing officer for NII Holdings. "With PRIP, NII and Motorola Mobility are expanding the ecosystem of PTT users and providing those affected by the recent iDEN ® shutdown in the U.S. with an affordable and instant PTT alternative to stay in contact with their business colleagues, friends, family and with our 11 million subscribers in Mexico, Brazil and our other markets in Latin America." Built upon Motorola Mobility's Push-to-Talk technology, the gold standard for PTT services, PRIP works on any wireless carrier network and Wi-Fi. The application is currently available for Android devices with the Gingerbread version (Android 2.3) or later, and is expected to be available on the iPhone in the coming weeks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV