3. As of noon trading, New Gold ( NGD) is down $0.17 (-2.6%) to $6.35 on light volume. Thus far, 1.5 million shares of New Gold exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.2 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $6.32-$6.63 after having opened the day at $6.57 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $6.52. New Gold Inc., a gold mining company, engages in the acquisition, exploration, extraction, processing, and reclamation of mineral properties. It primarily explores for gold, silver, and copper deposits. New Gold has a market cap of $3.2 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. Shares are down 40.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate New Gold a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates New Gold as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and growth in earnings per share. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself and disappointing return on equity. Get the full New Gold Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts