2. As of noon trading, Biogen Idec ( BIIB) is down $3.55 (-1.6%) to $218.10 on light volume. Thus far, 442,528 shares of Biogen Idec exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.5 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $218.04-$225.22 after having opened the day at $223.38 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $221.65. Biogen Idec Inc. discovers, develops, manufactures, and markets therapies for the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, hemophilia, and autoimmune disorders in the United States and internationally. Biogen Idec has a market cap of $51.6 billion and is part of the health care sector. Shares are up 48.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate Biogen Idec a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Biogen Idec as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Get the full Biogen Idec Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts