3 Consumer Goods Stocks Dragging The Sector Down
1. As of noon trading, Toyota Motor ( TM) is down $0.70 (-0.6%) to $124.57 on light volume. Thus far, 161,081 shares of Toyota Motor exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 708,800 shares. The stock has ranged in price between $124.36-$125.20 after having opened the day at $124.75 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $125.27. Toyota Motor Corporation engages in the design, manufacture, assembly, and sale of passenger cars, minivans, commercial vehicles, and related parts and accessories primarily in Japan, North America, Europe, and Asia. It operates through Automotive, Financial Services, and All Other segments. Toyota Motor has a market cap of $197.2 billion and is part of the automotive industry. Shares are up 34.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Toyota Motor a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Toyota Motor as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, solid stock price performance, notable return on equity and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Get the full Toyota Motor Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the consumer goods sector could consider iShares Dow Jones US Cons Goods ( IYK) while those bearish on the consumer goods sector could consider ProShares Ultra Sht Consumer Goods ( SZK).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts