Unum (NYSE:UNM) announced today that Kate Miller has been named senior vice president and chief information officer for the company.
In this capacity, Miller will guide the implementation of new technology, oversee application development initiatives and continue to keep Unum’s technology strategy aligned with business goals.
She will relocate to the company’s Chattanooga headquarters from Washington, D.C., where she was the associate chief information officer of applications development for the Internal Revenue Service. In this role, Miller led the software development, maintenance and applications testing throughout the IRS. Before joining the IRS in 2005, she was vice president and senior principal of CGI, a $2.9 billion global IT consulting firm formerly known as American Management Systems.
Miller will report to Chris Jerome, Unum’s executive vice president of Global Services, and will begin work July 15.“With her leadership experience, strong consultative and relationship skills and track record of transformation, Kate is an outstanding choice to lead the execution of our long-term technology vision,” Jerome said. Miller succeeds Kathy Owen, who announced her retirement plans earlier this year. About Unum Group Unum Group is a leading provider of financial protection benefits in the United States and the United Kingdom. Unum’s portfolio includes disability, life, accident and critical illness coverage, which help protect millions of working people and their families in the event of an illness or injury. The company reported revenues of $10.5 billion in 2012, and its subsidiaries – Unum US, Colonial Life and Unum UK – provided $6.3 billion in benefits last year. For more information visit us at www.unum.com or connect with us at www.facebook.com/unumbenefits, www.twitter.com/unumnews and www.linkedin.com/company/unum.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV