NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- It's been 66 years since there was a supposed alien encounter in Roswell, N.M., and companies still continue to focus public attention on the story, TheStreet's Debra Borchardt and Chris Ciaccia note.
Google (GOOG) has been known for its interactive doodles, and its latest was about the Roswell incident.
The doodles, which have become more elaborate with time, will likely continue becoming more dynamic and interactive in the future.
With or without alien doodles, one thing's for certain: Aliens will continue to be highly regarded among humans.Discovery Communications (DISCA) has received high ratings and viewership for its television series and programs about aliens. Although its shares are approaching 52-week highs, Ciaccia doesn't think there's much of a reason for them to slow down going forward. And don't think the town of Roswell isn't taking home its share of the loot either. The town is famous for the events that supposedly transpired nearly 70 years ago. The U.S. military supposedly recovered an alien spacecraft and life forms, before covering up the discovery with a failed weather balloon explanation. Ciaccia said-- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. . Follow @BretKenwell there are "all types of little merchandise for little green men that translate into big green bucks for the town."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV