- The speedy rise in interest rates will likely interrupt the strong momentum in the U.S. housing market.
- A deceleration in the rate of growth in residential real estate activity/turnover and in home prices lies ahead.
- U.S. economic growth will be adversely impacted by a slowdown in the recovery in the real estate market.
- Sell housing-related stocks.
- Similar to housing, the U.S. stock market may sour.
Kass: Housing Faces a Credit Event
Jul 09, 2013 | 06:00 AM EDT
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV