Terra Nitrogen Company L.P (NYSE: TNH) shares currently have a dividend yield of 8.60%. Terra Nitrogen Company, L.P. engages in the production and sale of nitrogen fertilizer products. It primarily offers anhydrous ammonia and urea ammonium nitrate solutions. Terra Nitrogen GP Inc. serves as the general partner of the company. Terra Nitrogen Company, L.P. The company has a P/E ratio of 11.88 The average volume for Terra Nitrogen Company L.P has been 16,800 shares per day over the past 30 days Terra Nitrogen Company L.P has a market cap of $4.0 billion and is part of the chemicals industry Shares are up 1.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday TheStreet Ratings rates Terra Nitrogen Company L.P as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 1.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 13.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- TNH has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. To add to this, TNH has a quick ratio of 2.25, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- TERRA NITROGEN CO -LP has improved earnings per share by 31.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, TERRA NITROGEN CO -LP increased its bottom line by earning $17.06 versus $15.33 in the prior year.
- The gross profit margin for TERRA NITROGEN CO -LP is currently very high, coming in at 78.54%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 74.43% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $170.10 million or 23.35% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, TERRA NITROGEN CO -LP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -172.54%.
- You can view the full Terra Nitrogen Company L.P Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts