ITT Exelis (NYSE: XLS) subsidiary Exelis Visual Information Solutions will highlight recent advances in its ENVI image analysis software for desktop, Web and mobile devices at the annual Esri International User Conference in San Diego, Calif., July 8-12. Exelis partners closely with Esri, the developers of the ArcGIS® software platform, to deliver technologies that allow geographic information systems (GIS) users to extract important information from imagery and use it to make more informed decisions.
“Using the strong foundation we’ve created with integrated image analysis tools on the ArcGIS desktop, we’re now working with Esri to make geographic tools and content available in the cloud,” said Jaye Lampe, president of Exelis Visual Information Solutions. “This advance will allow people to collaborate more, operate more efficiently, and ultimately reduce the time and resources needed to address image analysis industry problems.”
During the international GIS expo and conference, Exelis will highlight how geospatial imagery from a growing number of sensors, in conjunction with ENVI software and ArcGIS, is used to solve problems across industries, particularly in environmental monitoring. Presentations will focus on desktop solutions and how ArcGIS users can now author and publish image analysis services through ArcGISOnline sm, the Esri cloud-based mapping system released in 2012. Presentations in the Exelis booth #1413 will demonstrate how ENVI tools are used within the ArcGIS platform for applications, including:
- Measuring and mapping coastline erosion.
- Identifying and mapping hazardous marine debris.
- Detecting encroachment of buildings on natural habitat.
- Measuring and mapping forest fire damage extent.
Learn more about Exelis and its participation at the Esri International Users Conference, including a special presentation to the press 7-8 a.m. Tuesday, July 9 at the Omni San Diego Hotel.About Exelis Visual Information Solutions
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV