SEATTLE, July 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Seabourn's six intimate, all-suite ships have again been recognized as the "World's Best" by the discerning readers of Travel + Leisure for the fifth consecutive year. The line's intimate ships and personalized, intuitive attention to detail earned the top spot in the "Small-Ship Cruise Lines" category in the magazine's annual survey of its readers.
The new award comes on the heels of a June announcement that Seabourn also earned top honors for a small ship cruise line in the magazine's "World's Best Service" awards for 2013, scoring higher than any other cruise line, regardless of the ship size.
Seabourn president Richard Meadows said, "Winning this award for five straight years can only be the result of all of Seabourn's employees, at sea and ashore, focusing on the guests' experience. This is clearly their award, and on behalf of all of us I want to thank Travel + Leisure's readers for again giving them this recognition."
In 2012, readership of the high-profile consumer publication Conde Nast Traveler also named Seabourn the "Best Small-Ship Cruise Line," for the third consecutive year. Cruise-specific consumer magazine Porthole 's annual readers' poll showed Seabourn honored as "Best Luxury Line," offering the "Best Accommodations" and Seabourn Sojourn named as the industry's "Best Small Ship." Seabourn also maintained its perfect record of inclusion on Conde Nast Traveler's "Gold List" of top global vacation choices every year the list has been published, and became a charter inductee of the magazine's "Platinum Circle" of the most consistent winners.Seabourn's all suite ships feature a relaxed, club-like ambience that encourages an easy sociability among the guests with well-crafted itineraries that attract travelers interested in authentic experiences. Award-winning cuisine is expertly served in a variety of venues with fine wines poured at lunch and dinner and open bars throughout the ship. Onboard entertainment options are varied with the line's popular Seabourn Conversations enrichment series, and along with beautiful, understated elegance in design and thoughtful, quality furnishings, the Seabourn ships provide one of the world's finest vacation options and represent an exceptional value to travelers. For more details about the award-winning Seabourn fleet, or to explore the worldwide selection of Seabourn cruising options, contact a professional travel agent, call Seabourn at 1-800-929-9391 or visit www.seabourn.com. Notes to Editors: Seabourn is consistently ranked among the world's top travel choices by professional critics and the discerning readers of prestigious travel publications such as Departures, Travel + Leisure and Conde Nast Traveler. Its stylish, distinctive cruising vacations are renowned for:
- Six intimate ships with just 104 or 225 suites
- Unique itineraries visiting must-see cities and hidden gems where larger ships cannot follow
- Intuitive, gracious service provided by a staff passionate about pleasing our guests
- Spacious all-suite accommodations with sweeping ocean views – many with verandas
- Gourmet dining experiences as fine as the best restaurants anywhere
- Open bars throughout the ship and fine wines poured with lunch and dinner
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV