Permedion, a wholly owned subsidiary of HMS, Inc., announced today that it has been awarded a contract by the Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services (ODMHAS) to administer the utilization review program for inpatient and community behavioral health services for Ohio Medicaid recipients. Permedion will provide prior authorization and post-payment review services, and perform onsite reviews at inpatient facilities.
The contract runs through June 30, 2015, and may be renewed for up to three additional years.
“Ohio is making significant enhancements to its healthcare service delivery model,” said Maria Perrin, HMS's Chief Marketing Officer. “We are excited to have the opportunity to expand Permedion’s utilization management offering to the State as it continues to make innovations that improve care coordination, enhance the level of service available to patients, and reduce waste.”
Permedion has provided utilization management services to the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services (ODJFS) since 1997, helping the State achieve an average of $44 million in savings annually over the past five years. This is the company’s first contract with ODMHAS.About HMS HMS Holdings Corp. (NASDAQ: HMSY), through its subsidiaries, is the nation's leader in coordination of benefits and program integrity services for healthcare payers. HMS's clients include health and human services programs in more than 40 states; commercial programs, including commercial plans, employers, and over 150 Medicaid managed care plans; the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS); and Veterans Administration facilities. As a result of the company's services, clients recovered over $3.2 billion in 2012, and saved billions more through the prevention of erroneous payments.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV