Toyota (TM) ($125.27) set its 2013 high at $130.99 on May 22 then traded down to $112.28 on June 6. The 50-day SMA is $120.18 with my weekly value level at $121.07 and monthly risky level at $134.78.
Tesla (TSLA) ($120.09) has become a spec stock for momentum traders setting its 2013 high at $121.89 on July 2. My monthly value level is $92.84 with a weekly risky level at $131.19.
Volkswagen (VLKAY) ($39.18) set its 2013 high at $47.77 on Feb. 2, then traded down to $34.30 on April 18. The auto maker is below its 50-day and 200-day SMAs at $40.48 and $39.98. My quarterly value level is $31.30 with a weekly risky level at $42.22.
Volvo (VOLVY) ($13.02) set its 2013 high at $15.82 on March 15 then traded as low as $12.86 on June 24. My quarterly value level is $8.21 with a weekly pivot at $13.77 and monthly risky level at $14.86. The stock is below its 50-day and 200-day SMAs at $14.17 and $14.25.At the time of publication the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned. Follow @Suttmeier This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV