HOPKINTON, Mass., July 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- EMC Corporation announced it has acquired privately held Aveksa Inc., a leader in business-driven Identity and Access Management ("IAM") solutions.
- Aveksa's innovative technology will help extend RSA's vision of Adaptive IAM, designed to transform traditional static systems into agile, intelligent and scalable "situational perimeters" to help organizations dynamically manage user lifecycles and access across enterprise and cloud environments.
- Aveksa's leadership in Identity and Access Governance ("IAG") and Provisioning will help RSA customers ensure that users have appropriate and secure access to applications from within the enterprise or the cloud regardless of their location or device.
- Leveraging their complementary technologies to promote intelligence-driven security, Aveksa and RSA together will align insight from roles, processes, and security-oriented Big Data to help enable better visibility, prioritization, detection and response to risk and real-time threats.
EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) today announced it has acquired privately held Aveksa Inc., a leader in business-driven Identity and Access Management. Effective immediately, Aveksa will operate within the RSA ® security division as part of RSA's Identity Trust Management product group, bringing leading technology and expertise that will help RSA bring innovative new solutions to identity and access management challenges across enterprise, cloud and mobile access use cases. Terms of the deal were not disclosed. The acquisition is not expected to have a material impact to EMC ® GAAP or non-GAAP EPS for the full 2013 fiscal year.In today's increasingly cloud-based and application-centric world, authentication, authorization and identity management have become even more intertwined, complex and critical. The model for each user has shifted from a single authentication to an enterprise network, to dozens of authentications to applications and related data, from multiple user devices, across cloud and on-premise infrastructures. The task of ensuring that the right users get access to appropriate company resources has traditionally been IT-driven, using legacy IAM solutions to enforce all the policies, processes, procedures and applications that help organizations manage access to information. The lack of intelligence and business context has led to increased risk of data breaches, non-compliance and excessive privilege.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV