- Retail shareholders own 32% of the street shares but only vote about 29% of shares they own. Their voting participation is fairly consistent across companies of different sizes.
- Eighty-one percent of all directors received favorable votes of at least 90%. Support varies directly with company size; that is, directors of larger companies attained greater levels of support than directors of smaller companies.
- Ten percent of all say on pay proposals received less than 70% support. Micro cap companies show the lowest levels of support.
- Proposals to declassify boards received significant support at companies of all sizes.
New Report Shows Lower Shareholder Voting Support At Smaller Public Companies
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.