Tutor Perini Corporation (NYSE: TPC), a leading civil and building construction company, today announced that it has recently been awarded a contract by the National Railroad Passenger Corporation (“Amtrak”) to construct an underground concrete casing (“box tunnel”) beneath the Eastern Rail Yard of the Hudson Yards site in New York City. The contract value is approximately $133 million and the project has been funded through a Federal Transit Administration Hurricane Sandy relief allocation.
The project—a key element of Amtrak’s Gateway Program—is intended to preserve an underground right-of-way for possible future expansion of rail service via two new tunnels underneath the Hudson River between New Jersey and Penn Station, New York. The box tunnel will measure approximately 800 feet long, 50 feet wide, and 35 feet tall, and will extend underground from 10 th Avenue to 11 th Avenue between 31 st and 33 rd Streets. Construction is expected to begin in August 2013 and substantial completion is expected in late 2014.
The contract value will be included as part of the Company’s reported second quarter backlog.
About Tutor Perini CorporationTutor Perini Corporation is a leading civil and building construction company offering diversified general contracting and design-build services to private clients and public agencies throughout the world. We have provided construction services since 1894 and have established a strong reputation within our markets by executing large complex projects on time and within budget while adhering to strict quality control measures.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV