Chart Courtesy of Thomson/Reuters
I still give the finance sector an equal-weight asset allocation rating. If you would like to review all sector ratings, here's my post from July 2, Sector Ratings Set Asset Allocations. Following monthly benchmark revisions the number of buy-rated stocks fell to 114 from 176 with the number of sell rated-stocks down to 57 from 143. Given this balance the finance sector of 2954 stocks keeps its equal-weight rating.
On July 5 I wrote, Alcoa and 'Too Big to Fail' Banks Key Next Week's Earnings and profiled two community banks and two of the four 'too big to fail' money center banks. By the end of next week we will have heard from all four of the biggest banks and 14 community and regional banks. By then we will know whether or not bank leadership can be sustained.
At the time of publication the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV