ServiceNow® (NYSE: NOW), the enterprise IT cloud company, today announced that Colorado Springs Utilities has implemented ServiceNow software-as-a-service to transform the quality of their IT services, provide better end-user experience and meet audit and regulatory compliance requirements.
Colorado Springs Utilities is a community-owned utility that provides electric, natural gas, water and wastewater services to the Pikes Peak region of Colorado. Colorado Springs Utilities perennially ranks in the top quartile in the region for Western Midsized Utilities for overall consumer satisfaction according to J.D. Power and Associates.
“Using ServiceNow, we eliminated approximately 12 different IT tools ranging from legacy software and homegrown applications to Excel spreadsheets and Lotus Notes databases. This has allowed our organization to standardize and automate IT processes,” said Brian Bleike, program manager of IT Service Management at Colorado Springs Utilities. “As a result, we have been able to meet a broad array of audit and regulatory compliance requirements. In addition, we have been able to increase our IT service capabilities through self-service and improve our process efficiency using automated workflows.”
Colorado Springs Utilities implemented the ServiceNow IT Service Automation Application Suite to manage incidents, changes, problems, configuration items, releases, knowledge, service levels, service catalog and assets. Using the ServiceNow Service Automation Platform, several applications were configured to automate various business processes across the enterprise, which enabled the IT team to proficiently roll out new services including:
- Employee onboarding and off-boarding
- Self-service user requests for IT equipment, software and access
- Request fulfillment management for several departments such as Human Resources, Facilities, Physical Security, Customer Revenue, Planning and Finance and Safety and Health
- Survey management to measure user satisfaction for a variety of tasks and self-service requests
- IT skills management to record staff expertise
- On-call rotation to administer 24x7 schedules
- Financial management for cost visibility and reporting to internal stakeholders
- IT project management for identifying and managing project resource requirements
- Real-time score card reporting of service management metrics with a click of a button
“Colorado Springs Utilities went live with these new applications without having to spend additional costs on licenses, consulting or professional services,” added Bleike. “Now that we have standardization and automation in our processes, many tasks and requests are automatically routed and completed. This helps us achieve higher customer satisfaction levels and greater IT efficiency overall, with the additional benefit of facilitating compliance.”