DELAWARE, Ohio, July 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Greif, Inc. (NYSE: GEF, GEF.B) has joined the Peace One Day Corporate Coalition.
Based in Delaware, Ohio with manufacturing and sales operations in more than 50 countries, Greif is asking its nearly 14,000 employees to join in the observation of Peace Day on Sept. 21, and commit to the theme "Who Will You Make Peace With."
"Peace One Day aligns with Greif's corporate responsibility ethic," said Greif President & CEO David Fischer. "When armies put down their guns on Sept. 21, children can be vaccinated. When violence stops for a day, women can collect water in water-stressed regions without fear of attack. When people can promote and practice peace for just one day, they can learn that peace is possible – and can one day become a way of life.
"With peace, people can flourish, societies can thrive and business can prosper. Where there is peace, there will be commerce…and where there is commerce, there will be customers of Greif."Fischer continued, "We invite all like-minded and visionary companies to join us in the Peace One Day Corporate Coalition. Together, we can make a difference in the lives of people around the world. About Peace One Day Founded in 1999 by filmmaker Jeremy Gilley, the non-profit organization Peace One Day drove the initiative that led to the unanimous adoption by the United Nations member states of an annual day of global ceasefire and non-violence on 21 September – Peace Day. With the day in place, Peace One Day's objective is to institutionalize Peace Day around the world, making it self- sustaining. A report supported by McKinsey & Company estimated that 280 million people were aware of Peace Day 2012, with approximately 5.6 million people behaving more peacefully as a result. The number of people aware of Peace Day in 2013 is expected to double.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV