CHICAGO, July 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Cars.com, the premier online resource for buying and selling new and used cars, today released the results of the 2013 Midsize SUV Challenge which put six of the most popular SUVs in the segment head-to-head in a series of tests to evaluate overall drive, features and capability. The six midsize SUVs tested were the 2013 Ford Edge, 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2014 Kia Sorento, 2013 Nissan Murano and 2013 Toyota Venza.
"A lot has changed in midsize SUVs in the last 10 years," said Patrick Olsen, Cars.com's Editor-in-Chief. "What was once a class dominated by truck-based gas guzzlers has given way almost entirely to car-based models with many of the features that made SUVs popular, but offer improved ride and handling, fuel economy and interior space."
Experts from Cars.com, USA Today, "Motorweek", and a family representing the average midsize SUV buyer tested these six vehicles for fuel efficiency, practicality, driving ability, comfort and features.
- 200 miles of driving on varying roads to test each SUV for real-world fuel economy
- One day of round-robin driving where each expert tested each SUV on the same route back-to-back to gather impressions
- A day of family testing where a family of four evaluated each of the six SUVs for comfort, family-friendly features, styling and ride quality
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts