Shanghai Home To Bold New Children's Book Fair To Promote Copyright Trading
SHANGHAI, July 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The inaugural China Shanghai International Children's Book Fair (CCBF), to be held at the ShanghaiMart Exhibition Center from November 7-9, 2013, will be 'trade only' for the first two days and open to the public on Day 3. Exclusively Managed by Reed Exhibitions and supported by the General Administration of Press and Publication, Radio, Film & Television, this event is dedicated to the copyright trading, publishing, printing and distribution of content/books aimed at 0 to 16 year-olds.
Home to more than 230 million people under the age of 16, China boasts a flourishing children's publishing sector that is valued at USD $5 billion, of which USD $340 million comes from licensing, making it the fastest-growing sector in China's publishing industry. Between 2011 and 2012 the number of children's publications grew by 35%, with 20% of total rights sales in China's book industry coming from this segment.
"The purchasing power of young Chinese parents is huge. 70% buy books every month," says Randy Wang, Senior Project Manager at Reed Exhibitions, while 90% of the children's content in China is imported. "Statistics from China's biggest online book retailer, Dangdang.com, show that 80% and 90% of the top 10 children's bestsellers in 2012 and 2011, respectively, were imported. While parents and children are expressing a clear preference for imported titles, Chinese educators are expressing a dire need for new local educational materials."
Mr. Wang continues, "Driven by the theme of 'Content Without Borders', CCBF is focused on facilitating closer interaction between local and international industry practitioners. Exhibitors and visitors will discover a huge range of original printed and digital content- books, e-books, educational software and other edutainment products.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV