AJC: Nigerian School Massacre Shows Terrorists' Murderous Depravity
NEW YORK, July 7, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- AJC is horrified by the deliberate targeting and massacre of schoolchildren in the Nigerian village of Mamudo.
The overnight attack on a government secondary school left dozens dead, almost all of them children.
Boko Haram, an Islamist group, is widely suspected of carrying out the murderous attack at the Government Secondary School in northeast Nigeria. The name Boko Haram means "Western education is sacrilege." It has been linked to dozens of other deadly assaults in the region against Christian worshipers and other targets, including schools."Deliberately targeting children, indeed burning some alive, all too vividly demonstrates the extreme depravity of the perpetrators," said AJC Executive Director David Harris. "Our hearts and prayers go out to the families of the victims. Our thoughts are with the survivors, who must now grapple with their wounds and the profound trauma they experienced. And our hope is that the terrorists who perpetrated this monstrous crime in the name of their demented ideology will be found and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law." SOURCE American Jewish Committee
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV