Jobs, Egypt and Market Gyrations: Cramer's Best Blogs
Jul 06, 2013 | 03:30 PM EDT
The Next Wave of Money Posted at 2:35 p.m. EDT on Monday, July 1 Where is the money coming from? There's a good discussion in Columnist Conversation about this, and I have to tell you -- I think it is coming first from 401(k) contributions from the beginning of the month, and then trickling back in from bond funds. That said, the gyrations of the stock market aren't making it any easier to get back in. That's despite the fact that Noodles (NDLS) just gave you a double from the initial public offering, and that Onyx Pharmaceuticals (ONXX) was a total home run.
In the end, we just have to accept that we'll need to suspend some of the negativity -- and take the risk that we can own stocks that might go down -- in order to make money. That's not something the sidelined money has been willing to do. When these people see their statements, I hope they'll recognize that -- unless they had been in gold mining shares, iron ore, or a couple of housing plays -- they did better than their bond funds. That's where the next round of money will come from -- one week from today, when the statement arrives. At the time of publication, Action Alerts PLUS, which Cramer co-manages as a charitable trust, had no positions in the stocks mentioned.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas