Minister Valcourt Reaffirms Harper Government Support Of Recovery Efforts For First Nation Communities Impacted By Flooding During Second Visit To Alberta
MORLEY, AB, July 5, 2013 /CNW/ - Today, the Honourable Bernard Valcourt, Minister of Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development, toured the Morley community of the Stoney Nakoda First Nation, where he had the chance to meet with band leadership and First Nation members affected by the recent Alberta floods. He was joined by the AFN National Chief Shawn Atleo and AFN Alberta Regional Chief Cameron Alexis.
"I am grateful for having had the opportunity to visit Stoney Valley this week, and Siksika First Nations last week. Seeing the damage and talking to community members has given me a better understanding of what needs to be done to help these families get through these difficult times," said Minister Valcourt. "Our Government will continue working with the province of Alberta and First Nations to ensure the smoothest transition possible towards recovery."
The day began with a meeting with Chiefs and representatives from the Stoney Tribe, specifically the communities of Bearspaw, Chiniki, and Wesley.
Together they discussed the recent floods and resulting damage to the communities. They talked about the resilience of the Stoney Tribe and about their desire to ensure a smooth and effective transition towards long-term recovery.Minister Valcourt reaffirmed the Government's commitment to support recovery efforts for First Nations affected by flooding as quickly and efficiently as possible. This release is also available on the Internet at www.aandc.gc.ca. SOURCE Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV