Friday's statement outlined an array of areas where Beijing is promising action but gave no details or timetable.
By The Associated Press=
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 147.29 points to 15,135.84. The Standard & Poor's 500 rose 16.48 points to 1,631.89. The Nasdaq composite climbed 35.71 to 3,479.38.Benchmark crude for August delivery rose $1.98, or 2 percent, to finish at $103.22 per barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange. Brent crude, which is used to set prices for crude oils used by many U.S. refineries, rose $2.18, or 2.1 percent, to end at $107.72 per barrel on the ICE Futures exchange in London. Wholesale gasoline rose 6 cents to finish at $2.90 per gallon. Natural gas fell 7 cents to end at $3.62 per 1,000 cubic feet. Heating oil added 4 cents to finish at $2.99 a gallon.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV