Marathon Petroleum (MPC) pushed the Energy industry lower today making it today's featured Energy laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Marathon Petroleum fell $1.74 (-2.5%) to $68.99 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,076,121 shares of Marathon Petroleum exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,364,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $67.60-$70.66 after having opened the day at $70.28 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $70.73. Other companies within the Energy industry that declined today were: Recovery Energy (RECV), down 8.9%, Petroleo Brasileiro SA Petrobras (PBR), down 6.1%, LRR Energy (LRE), down 6.1% and PrimeEnergy (PNRG), down 6.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Marathon Petroleum Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about MPC
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV