3M (MMM) pushed the Conglomerates sector higher today making it today's featured conglomerates winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.5%. By the end of trading, 3M rose $2.09 (1.9%) to $111.54 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2,042,746 shares of 3M exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,904,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $109.87-$111.56 after having opened the day at $110.37 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $109.45. Other companies within the Conglomerates sector that increased today were: Nacco Industries (NC), up 6.4%, Dex Media (DXM), up 4.2%, Capitol Acquisition Corp II (CLAC), up 2.9% and Global Eagle Entertainment (ENT), up 2.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full 3M Ratings Report.
- Use our conglomerates section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about MMM
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV