ALISO VIEJO, Calif., July 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Avanir Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: AVNR) today announced that on July 2, 2013, the Company approved the grant of stock options to new employees to purchase 91,500 shares of common stock in the aggregate. The stock options were granted as inducements material to the new employees entering into employment with Avanir, as permitted under NASDAQ Listing Rule 5635(c)(4).
Avanir granted to 21 new employees an option to purchase shares of Avanir's common stock with an exercise price equal to $4.54, the closing price per share of Avanir's common stock as reported by NASDAQ on July 2, 2013, the date of grant. Each of the options is a non-qualified option and will vest one-quarter of the underlying shares on the first anniversary of the grant date and then with respect to the remaining shares quarterly thereafter over the following three years, assuming in each case the employee remains continuously employed by Avanir.
About Avanir Pharmaceuticals, Inc.Avanir Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company focused on bringing innovative medicines to patients with central nervous system disorders of high unmet medical need. As part of our commitment, we have extensively invested in our pipeline and are dedicated to advancing medicines that can substantially improve the lives of patients and their loved ones. For more information about Avanir, please visit www.avanir.com.AVANIR ® is a trademark or registered trademark of Avanir Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in the United States and other countries. ©2013 Avanir Pharmaceuticals, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Avanir Investor & Media Contact Ian Clements, PhD email@example.com +1 (949) 389-6700 SOURCE Avanir Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV