California Gov. Edmund G. Brown Jr. To Deliver Keynote At Intersolar North America Opening Ceremony
SAN FRANCISCO, July 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Intersolar North America, the most attended industry exhibition and conference for solar professionals to exchange information and develop business connections in North America, will welcome California Gov. Edmund G. Brown as keynote speaker for Intersolar's 2013 Opening Ceremony on Monday, July 8 at 5:30 p.m at the InterContinental Hotel.
Following welcome remarks from Prof. Dr. Eicke R. Weber, Intersolar North America Conference Committee chairman and director of the Fraunhofer Institute for Solar Energy Systems (ISE), Gov. Brown will discuss the state of solar energy in California and his vision for how California can continue to lead the U.S. solar industry. After the keynote speech, San Francisco Mayor Edwin M. Lee will deliver the welcome address. Additional speakers during the opening ceremony include CALSEIA's new executive director (to be announced), as well as Dan E. Arvizu, director of National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL).
"We are thrilled to announce that this year Intersolar attendees will have a chance to hear two visionary leaders, California Gov. Edmund G. Brown Jr. Brown and San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee, discuss the bright path forward for the solar industry," said Markus Elsasser and Klaus W. Seilnacht in a joint statement, respective CEOs of the Intersolar organizing companies, Solar Promotion International and FMMI International GmbH. " California leads the U.S. solar industry, in terms of megawatts installed, policy and incentive programs in place and the promotion of green energy throughout the state. The legislative and business support solar finds in California is crucial to industry advancement, and we're pleased to welcome solar professionals for the sixth time to our conference in San Francisco."
Intersolar North America will welcome approximately 19,000 visitors and 600 exhibitors on July 9 to 11 at the Moscone Center, where they will exchange ideas and showcase technological progress, spurring solar market growth in North America and beyond. Leading companies in PV modules, energy storage, balance of systems, solar heating & cooling and more hold prominent positions throughout the show floor.CEO panel tackles market maturation During the Intersolar North America conference at the InterContinental Hotel, notable solar professionals will also discuss top trends and challenges in the industry. A popular session each year, the CEO panel addresses current market dynamics in a roundtable format. Held on the last day of the conference, the panel will conclude four days of conference presentations and lively discussions. On Thursday, July 11 at 11:15 AM, five CEOs will provide expert insight into market barriers, drivers and constraints to the global PV industry. In particular, the panel plans to focus on oversupply in the marketplace, trade friction and the role of national incentives to spur industry growth. The panel will conclude with each CEO offering their predictions on how the market will grow or shift in the near-term. Participating CEOs include:
- Ram Akella, Managing Director, Centrosolar America, Inc., United States
- Dr. Andre-Jacques Auberton-Herve, Chief Executive Officer and Chairman, Soitec, France
- Gordon Brinser, President, SolarWorld Industries America, United States
- Martin Hausner, Chief Executive Officer / President, Schletter, United States
- Pierre-Pascal Urbon, Chief Executive Officer, SMA Solar Technology AG, Germany
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV