3 Stocks Underperforming Today In The Technology Sector
1. As of noon trading, Sprint Nextel ( S) is down $0.06 (-0.8%) to $7.14 on light volume. Thus far, 12.8 million shares of Sprint Nextel exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 69.5 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $7.10-$7.21 after having opened the day at $7.19 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $7.19. Sprint Nextel Corporation, through its subsidiaries, offers a range of wireless and wireline communications products and services to individual consumers, businesses, government subscribers, and resellers in the United States, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Sprint Nextel has a market cap of $21.6 billion and is part of the telecommunications industry. Shares are up 26.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Sprint Nextel a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 12 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Sprint Nextel as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance and increase in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and generally higher debt management risk. Get the full Sprint Nextel Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the technology sector could consider Technology Select Sector SPDR ( XLK) while those bearish on the technology sector could consider ProShares Ultra Short Technology ( REW).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts