3. As of noon trading, BP ( BP) is down $0.38 (-0.9%) to $40.80 on heavy volume. Thus far, 4.5 million shares of BP exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.5 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $40.68-$40.96 after having opened the day at $40.88 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $41.18. BP p.l.c. provides fuel for transportation, energy for heat and light, lubricants to engines, and petrochemicals products. BP has a market cap of $130.6 billion and is part of the energy industry. Shares are down 0.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate BP a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates BP as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, attractive valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins. Get the full BP Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts