4 Hold-Rated Dividend Stocks: NSH, RSO, QRE, DSWL
Resource Capital Corporation (NYSE: RSO) shares currently have a dividend yield of 13.10%. Resource Capital Corp., a specialty finance company, purchases and manages a diversified portfolio of commercial real estate-related assets and commercial finance assets in the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 9.53 The average volume for Resource Capital Corporation has been 1,806,800 shares per day over the past 30 days Resource Capital Corporation has a market cap of $774.6 million and is part of the real estate industry Shares are up 8.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday TheStreet Ratings rates Resource Capital Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, attractive valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the growth in the company's earnings per share has not been good. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- RSO's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 7.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 12.5%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market, RESOURCE CAPITAL CORP's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- RESOURCE CAPITAL CORP's earnings per share declined by 38.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, RESOURCE CAPITAL CORP increased its bottom line by earning $0.72 versus $0.56 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 11.1% in earnings ($0.64 versus $0.72).
- You can view the full Resource Capital Corporation Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV