Medley Capital (NYSE: MCC) shares currently have a dividend yield of 10.50%. Medley Capital Corporation is a business development company. The fund seeks to invest in privately negotiated debt and equity securities of small and middle market companies. The company has a P/E ratio of 9.44 The average volume for Medley Capital has been 626,400 shares per day over the past 30 days Medley Capital has a market cap of $392.9 million and is part of the financial services industry Shares are down 6.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday TheStreet Ratings rates Medley Capital as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's return on equity has been disappointing. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- MCC's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 20.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 102.6%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- MEDLEY CAPITAL CORP has improved earnings per share by 17.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, MEDLEY CAPITAL CORP increased its bottom line by earning $1.24 versus $0.55 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.48 versus $1.24).
- Net operating cash flow has increased to -$29.77 million or 41.57% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow of 41.57%, MEDLEY CAPITAL CORP is still growing at a significantly lower rate than the industry average of 127.39%.
- The stock price has risen over the past year, but, despite its earnings growth and some other positive factors, it has underperformed the S&P 500 so far. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Capital Markets industry and the overall market, MEDLEY CAPITAL CORP's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Medley Capital Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts