Pan American Silver Corporation (NASDAQ: PAAS) shares currently have a dividend yield of 4.40%. Pan American Silver Corp. engages in the exploration, development, and operation of silver producing properties and assets. It produces and sells silver, gold, copper, lead, and zinc. The company has a P/E ratio of 62.56 The average volume for Pan American Silver Corporation has been 2,644,200 shares per day over the past 30 days Pan American Silver Corporation has a market cap of $1.7 billion and is part of the metals & mining industry Shares are down 39.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday TheStreet Ratings rates Pan American Silver Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, feeble growth in the company's earnings per share and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 6.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.2%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- PAAS's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.02 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.12, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- 43.20% is the gross profit margin for PAN AMERICAN SILVER CORP which we consider to be strong. Despite the high profit margin, it has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, PAAS's net profit margin of 8.29% compares favorably to the industry average.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 35.88%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 78.72% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Despite the heavy decline in its share price, this stock is still more expensive (when compared to its current earnings) than most other companies in its industry.
- PAN AMERICAN SILVER CORP has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, PAN AMERICAN SILVER CORP reported lower earnings of $0.61 versus $3.01 in the prior year.
- You can view the full Pan American Silver Corporation Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts