Student Transportation (NASDAQ: STB) shares currently have a dividend yield of 8.70%. Student Transportation Inc. provides school bus transportation and management services to public and private schools in North America. The company has a P/E ratio of 60.70 The average volume for Student Transportation has been 91,800 shares per day over the past 30 days Student Transportation has a market cap of $491.7 million and is part of the diversified services industry Shares are down 1.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday TheStreet Ratings rates Student Transportation as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself, feeble growth in its earnings per share, unimpressive growth in net income, poor profit margins and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The share price of STUDENT TRANSPORTATION INC has not done very well: it is down 7.00% and has underperformed the S&P 500, in part reflecting the company's sharply declining earnings per share when compared to the year-earlier quarter. Looking ahead, other than the push or pull of the broad market, we do not see anything in the company's numbers that may help reverse the decline experienced over the past 12 months. Despite the past decline, the stock is still selling for more than most others in its industry.
- STUDENT TRANSPORTATION INC has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Road & Rail industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 42.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $3.04 million to $1.75 million.
- The gross profit margin for STUDENT TRANSPORTATION INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 26.90%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 1.45% significantly trails the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $13.70 million or 42.38% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full Student Transportation Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV