Zynga ( ZNGA) is showing traders the same outlook right now -- its price action is just a little more developed. Zynga went parabolic at the start of 2013, rallying extremely hard as buyers swarmed shares, but that uptrend broke in February, and shares have been tracking lower ever since. Now, as ZNGA hits its head on trendline resistance, it makes sense to sell the bounce lower.
You don't have to be an expert technical analyst to figure out what's going on in Zynga -- this social gaming stock has hit its head on that same resistance line three times now. The glut of selling pressure at resistance has done a good job of swatting down shares on Zynga's previous tests of that level. And while trendlines do eventually fail, this stock hasn't done anything to suggest that's the case at this point.If ZNGA bounces lower from here, shorts should look to take this trade all the way down to trendline support.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV