BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- The ice is melting in the beer coolers, and the grills covers are going back on -- at least for today. Wall Street still has another day of trading in the way of the weekend.
One consequence of this hacked-up trading week is low volume. After all, the Fourth of July is just as good a time for Wall Street traders to take a vacation as any holiday. So investors can expect that a good chunk of institutional trading volume is spending today in the Hamptons or some other vacation spot, not on the trading floor.
But that doesn't mean that there won't be big trades to be made today, especially as the S&P 500 teeters on the edge of another key level this week. That's why, today, we're taking a technical look at five critical charts.If you're new to technical analysis, here's the executive summary. >>5 Financial Stocks to Trade Now Technicals are a study of the market itself. Since the market is ultimately the only mechanism that determines a stock's price, technical analysis is a valuable tool even in the roughest of trading conditions. Technical charts are used every day by proprietary trading floors, Wall Street's biggest financial firms and individual investors to get an edge on the market. And research shows that skilled technical traders can bank gains as much as 90% of the time. Every week, I take an in-depth look at big names that are telling important technical stories. Here's this week's look at five high-volume stocks to trade. >>5 Stocks With Big Insider Buying
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV