- At-a-glance: Of the companies surveyed, 26 percent increased staffing while 24 percent decreased staffing and 50 percent maintained their number of employees.
- Small business sector: The number of companies reporting a positive change (800 small businesses) exceeded those reporting a negative change with employees (748 small businesses), further demonstrating that this month’s index doesn’t necessarily signify a directional change in small business hiring.
- What to watch: With the summer vacation season heating up, seasonal hiring could continue to play a role in the SBEI over the next two months. Additionally, many business owners might remain cautiously optimistic as the economy seems to be gradually improving.
CBIZ Small Business Employment Index Suffers Slight June Swoon
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts