Why Video Streaming Your Wedding Makes a Lot of Sense
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Soon-to-be-married couples are increasingly streaming their weddings and receptions on the Internet. It's partly for posterity, partly for ego and partly to give distant friends and family a glimpse of the proceedings if they couldn't make the happy occasion.
Ustream, a San Francisco video live-streaming service reports that 20,000 U.S. couples have "streamed" their wedding ceremony in the past year -- a 250% jump from the year before.
"Not everyone can make it to the ceremony," says David Thompson, chief marketing officer at Ustream, "but that doesn't mean they have to miss out on the big event."
What kind of impact is video streaming having on the $50 billion U.S. wedding industry? And more importantly, what impact, financial and otherwise, is video streaming having on newlyweds?says Jim McGinnis, professional photographer and founder of Chapelle De L'Amour, a wedding chapel service in Las Vegas. "Our multi-camera setup is a key selling point for our venues, especially for clients who have family spread across the globe, and want to share the moment in real time." Couples considering a video webcast can expect to pay about $99 for a standard broadcast, but that cost goes up fast if you add a videographer and a crew to handle the broadcast for you. In that case, expect to pay anywhere between $800 and $3,000, Ustream says. At least from a financial point of view, it can still be a win-win for you and any distant guests who can't make the wedding. Think of it is as a three-step process: Step one: Send out invitations to your wedding. Make sure to mention the wedding will be available for webcast in real time.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV