CALGARY, July 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ - PENN WEST PETROLEUM LTD. (TSX - PWT) (NYSE - PWE) ("PENN WEST") announces that effective July 5, 2013, Mr. Allan Markin will be stepping down from the Board of Penn West.
On behalf of the Board of Directors, Chairman, Mr. Rick George commented "we appreciate the contributions Al has made to Penn West in the time he was on the Board. We will continue to focus on many of the areas of value enhancement he championed."
Penn West continues to progress its transition plans with the Special Committee of the Board, chaired by Jay Thornton, moving forward on a detailed plan to review company strategy and assets. In addition, the company's new President and CEO, Dave Roberts, is now in place working detailed asset reviews, capital spending plans, personnel optimization and organizational structure.
Penn West shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol PWT and on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol PWE.SOURCE Penn West Exploration
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV