Study by globally-recognized SamKnows shows Rogers network investments are delivering fast and reliable internet speeds to customers
TORONTO, July 4, 2013 /CNW/ - Rogers Communications announced today that results of independent third-party broadband speed performance testing show that Rogers delivered on average 100 per cent or more of advertised download speeds on the most popular packages it offers for sale. The study was based on data collected in customer homes by SamKnows Ltd., an independent world leader in broadband performance testing.
"Canadians are among the highest users of the internet in the world, and with everything moving online, the internet has become the foundation of the home," said John Boynton, Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer of Rogers Communications. "We've made significant investments in our network infrastructure allowing us to offer faster download speeds. This new independent test shows that we're delivering the internet speeds we advertise to give our customers added assurance that they're getting what they pay for."
The study results show that:
- Rogers delivered on average, 100 per cent or more of advertised speeds on both uploads and downloads in its Lite, Express, Extreme, and Extreme Plus packages. The data suggests that customers on the recently introduced Ultimate package also get 100 per cent of their advertised speeds, but more testing is required with a larger sample size to confirm this;
- Based on studies conducted by SamKnows in the U.S., Rogers outperforms U.S. fibre-to-the-node service providers, delivering 106 per cent of advertised download speeds during peak hours compared to the U.S. average of 97 per cent. In a separate study of broadband speeds in Europe, SamKnows also found European internet service providers delivered only 74 percent of advertised speeds during peak hours.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV