Crave Brothers Farmstead Cheese Recalls Les Freres Cheese Products
WATERLOO, Wisc., July 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Crave Brothers Farmstead Cheese Company is issuing a voluntary recall for three specialty cheese products while regulatory agencies continue a multi-state investigation of Listeria monocytogenes. This organism can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Although healthy individuals may suffer only short-term symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea, Listeria infection can cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women.
The products recalled are:
- Les Freres (LF225 2/2.5#) with a make date of 7-1-13 or prior, packaged in white plastic with a green and gold label.
- Petit Frere (PF88 8/8 oz) with a make date of 7-1-13 or prior, packaged in small round wooden boxes.
- Petit Frere with Truffles (PF88T 8/8 oz) with a make date of 7-1-13 or prior, packaged in small round wooden boxes.
These products were distributed nationwide through retail and foodservice outlets as well as by mail orders.Crave Brothers was informed by regulatory agencies of an ongoing investigation related to potential health risks associated with Listeria monocytogenes. The company immediately ceased the production and distribution of the products. "We are cooperating with the regulatory agencies' ongoing investigation of the cause of the potential health risks," said George Crave, president. Consumers who have purchased any of these products are urged not to consume them. They can return the cheese to the place of purchase for a full refund or discard it. Consumers with questions may contact the company at 920-478-4887, Monday-Friday from 8 am to 5 pm. SOURCE Crave Brothers Farmstead Cheese Company
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV