Aetna (NYSE: AET) is making it easier for members affected by flooding in New Hampshire to refill prescriptions and access employee assistance, student assistance and behavioral health programs. The company is also extending claim and appeal filing times, and helping members who have evacuated find care outside their home areas, among other steps.
“Our thoughts are with the people and communities affected by these floods,” said Mark T. Bertolini, Aetna chairman, CEO and president. “Our members are of the utmost concern to us and we are committed to helping them get the care and medications they need, understanding that many may have evacuated from their homes and are unable to use their usual physicians, pharmacies and hospitals.”
Aetna Behavioral Health has opened its Employee Assistance Program (EAP) resources to all Aetna plan sponsors, regardless of whether or not they are Aetna EAP customers, during these times of need. Aetna’s EAP professionals, who have experience dealing with traumatic events, are available to help. Aetna members can contact Aetna EAP 24/7 for telephonic consultation, referrals or general information such as areas affected by a disaster, available shelters and government resources.
The number to call for EAP is 1-888-AETNA-EAP (1-888-238-6232) and the number to call for the Student Assistance Program is 1-877-351-7889. Individuals and families may also want to reference the following materials.
- Aetna Member Services: Call the number printed on your ID card*. If ID card is unavailable, call 1-800-443-AETNA (1-800-443-2386)
- Aetna Specialty Pharmacy Customer Service: 1-866-782-ASRX (1-866-782-2779)
- Aetna Rx Home Delivery Customer Service: 1-888-RX AETNA (1-888-792-3862)
- Aetna Employee Assistance Program: 1-888-AETNA-EAP (1-888-238-6232)
- Aetna Student Assistance Program: 1-877-351-7889
- Aetna Dental: 1-877-238-6200
- Health care providers should contact the Provider Service Centers:
- Indemnity and PPO-based benefit plans: 1-888-MD-Aetna (1-888-632-3862)
- HMO benefit plans: 1-800-624-0756