2. As of noon trading, Cummins ( CMI) is down $1.34 (-1.2%) to $108.86 on average volume. Thus far, 1.2 million shares of Cummins exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.9 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $107.51-$109.30 after having opened the day at $108.92 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $110.20. Cummins Inc. designs, manufactures, distributes, and services diesel and natural gas engines, and engine-related component products. It operates in four segments: Engine, Components, Power Generation, and Distribution. Cummins has a market cap of $20.9 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. Shares are up 1.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Cummins a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Cummins as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations, solid stock price performance and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat weak growth in earnings per share. Get the full Cummins Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts