4. As of noon trading, Genesee & Wyoming ( GWR) is up $1.20 (1.4%) to $85.98 on light volume. Thus far, 162,497 shares of Genesee & Wyoming exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 530,100 shares. The stock has ranged in price between $83.94-$86.13 after having opened the day at $84.79 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $84.78. Genesee & Wyoming Inc. owns and operates short line and regional freight railroads, and provides railcar switching and other rail-related services in the United States, Australia, Canada, the Netherlands, and Belgium. Genesee & Wyoming has a market cap of $4.4 billion and is part of the services sector. Shares are up 11.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Genesee & Wyoming a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Genesee & Wyoming as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, increase in net income, good cash flow from operations, solid stock price performance and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Get the full Genesee & Wyoming Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts