Record-setting rainfall in June kept Aqua Pennsylvania, Inc.’s (Aqua) 10-billion-gallon reservoir storage in southeastern Pennsylvania full as the company heads into the July 4 holiday weekend.
More than 10.5 inches of rain fell in the Philadelphia area during June—seven inches ahead of average rainfall for the area. Rainfall at all but one of Aqua Pennsylvania’s reservoirs was also well above average.
“Aqua’s reservoirs in southeastern Pennsylvania are full right now and we don’t anticipate any supply problems throughout the summer season,” said Aqua Pennsylvania President Steve Tagert. “However, we always encourage customers not to be wasteful as water is a finite resource and weather patterns can be unpredictable as evidenced by the significant rainfall we experienced last month.”
Aqua operates five reservoirs in southeastern Pennsylvania, which collectively hold approximately 10 billion gallons of water.Although rain has marked the first three days of July, the forecast for July 4 is hot and humid. “June literally put a damper on southeastern Pennsylvania,” said Tagert. “People don’t tend to use water as much when the level of rainfall is what it has been in the Philadelphia area. For instance, most people in our area are enjoying beautifully green lawns without having had to water them. However, with a much better forecast for the Fourth of July, we want our customers to know that we are prepared to handle the typical high demand that comes with a hot, rain-free summer holiday.” Aqua provides water and wastewater services to approximately 1.4 million people throughout Pennsylvania, including 1.3 million people in Delaware, Montgomery, Chester, Bucks and Berks counties. WTRG
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV