Apple has recently signed deals to bring ESPN and HBO Go into its suite of entertainment apps, and it's reportedly close to inking a deal with Time Warner Cable (TWC) as well.
The deal would likely bring live television streaming to Apple, which would be huge for the company, according to Ciaccia. He added that it would further back the idea of a revamped Apple TV platform.
Time Warner Cable management has no reason to resist, with the CEO stating that he doesn't care how consumers are watching Time Warner, only that they are watching it.With the deal expected to take a couple of months to work out, Ciaccia says it should be final in the fall of 2013 or very early in 2014. It's hard for Apple to keep secrets, but it tries. The recent hire of Paul Deneve, who was the CEO of Yves St. Laurent and worked for Apple in the 1990s, has added to the speculation of the iWatch. Apple has recently filed patent paperwork in regards to the device and its name, and with Deneve's hire for "special projects," his purpose is now becoming a guessing game. He will report directly to Tim Cook, and many suspect he was brought on for the aesthetics aspect of Apple's products, which are known for simplicity and beauty, Ciaccia said. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. . Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV