3 Sell-Rated Dividend Stocks: NRGM, EBR, ACRE
Ares Commercial Real Estate (NYSE: ACRE) shares currently have a dividend yield of 7.70%. Ares Commercial Real Estate Corporation, a specialty finance company, operates as a real estate investment trust (REIT). It originates, invests in, and manages middle-market commercial real estate (CRE) loans and other commercial real estate investments. The company has a P/E ratio of 68.00 The average volume for Ares Commercial Real Estate has been 334,600 shares per day over the past 30 days Ares Commercial Real Estate has a market cap of $119.7 million and is part of the real estate industry Shares are down 19.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday TheStreet Ratings rates Ares Commercial Real Estate as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself and unimpressive growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 25.88%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 33.33% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Despite the heavy decline in its share price, this stock is still more expensive (when compared to its current earnings) than most other companies in its industry.
- The change in net income from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income has significantly decreased by 35.6% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $0.51 million to $0.33 million.
- ARES COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE's earnings per share declined by 33.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.69 versus $0.10).
- The gross profit margin for ARES COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE is rather high; currently it is at 54.60%. Despite the high profit margin, it has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, ACRE's net profit margin of 4.87% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, ARES COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Ares Commercial Real Estate Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV